By Naniyah McClain
Student Lifestyle Editor
Bergen Community College continues COVID-19 drive-thru testing, as cases continue to rise in Bergen County.
The Equinox would like to congratulate the men’s basketball team on the first win of the season! The win was against Central Connecticut State (70-65).
There are 383,354 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Jersey with the addition of 4,463 new cases, as of this morning. Bergen County has 38,602 confirmed cases with 372 new cases, as of yesterday.
The number of patients being treated in state’s hospitals climbed to 3,500, according to nj.org.
Bergen County Community college will continue drive-up testing site in Paramus until the end of December.
According to Bergen County executive, Jim Tedesco, “As winter approaches, and cases continue to rise, it is critical that the County continues to provide testing for the foreseeable future. Thanks to the efforts of and the County of Bergen, starting December 1st all residents will be able to receive free, quick, and easy COVID-19 drive-thru testing at the centrally located Bergen Community College campus in Paramus,” according to the official Bergen County website.
The future testing dates/times are:
- Monday, Dec. 14, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 17, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 19, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 21, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 22, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 28, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 29, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 30, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Testing is free of charge for all county residents. Residents must schedule their test through www.BergenCOVIDTesting.com.
Stay tuned every morning at 10 a.m. for more daily news updates.