By Jhoana T. Merino-Martinez
President Christopher Capuano sent an email to both New Jersey campuses Oct. 27, updating the FDU community on the progress of the university’s newly established Diversity and Inclusion Advisory council.
The finalized list includes the names of administration, faculty, students and alumni:
- Dale Caldwell, Chair – (administration/faculty)
- Shalin Mehta – (student)
- Maame Mensah – (student)
- Kayla Nierva – (student)
- Julia Ring – (student)
- Gene Waddy – (alumnus)
- Traci Banks – (administration)
- Marc DeBoer – (administration)
- Sandra Gilot-West – (administration)
- Mark Robertson – (administration)
- Luz Huertas Castillo – (faculty)
- Ana Guerra – (faculty)
- Khyati Joshi – (faculty)
- Marion McClary – (faculty)
- Jordan Nowotny – (faculty)
- Martha Pitts – (faculty)
- Linda Raffaele Mendez – (faculty)
- Kathryn Spence – (faculty)
- Alwin Wagener – (faculty)
- David Miles – (public safety)
- Joseph Vitiello – (public safety)
The chair of the council, Dale Caldwell, oversaw the recruitment of advisory members over the past month.
The members will volunteer their “time and talents to the university,” Capuano said.
“I am confident that this group will provide us with the information, input, and insights needed to help us make progress and get closer to the ideals we wish to see here and elsewhere,” he said.
“As I have said, this is more than a goal, it is an imperative, and together we will make it happen.”
Capuano states that he will meet with the council “shortly” to establish expectations of their work to make FDU a diverse and inclusive space for all.
Please follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.